The woom 10-year warranty
Inspiring children to love riding their bikes is our mission at woom. That's why we guarantee the premium quality of every bike down to the last detail with innovative technology and long-lasting materials. In fact, we're so confident in our quality promise that we're offering to extend our warranty on frames, rigid forks, handlebars, stems and cranks from the usual two years to a full ten years – for free.
| Award-winning quality
woom bikes are premium products optimised for maximum riding fun and excellent handling. No woom product is ever released before being put through its paces by accredited independent test labs.
And we're extremely proud of all the prestigious awards that our bikes have won, including the German Design Award Gold, the Eurobike Award, the iF Design Award and the Good Design Award.
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When does the warranty on woom bikes start, how long is it valid for, and what are the requirements?
woom is offering a 10-year warranty on frames, rigid forks, handlebars, stems and cranks for all new bikes bought from 1 June 2022 onwards. A bike's eligibility for the extended warranty offer is determined by its original purchase date and its new or used status. Eligibility can be established in one of the following ways:
1. NEW BIKES purchased from 1 June 2022 onwards:
- The warranty can only be extended to ten years if these woom bikes are registered within nine weeks of being purchased.
- Proof of purchase is required to register a woom bike.
2. NEW/USED BIKES purchased prior to 1 June 2020:
- The warranty on these woom bikes cannot be extended because the original two-year warranty is already expired.
3. USED BIKES that have already had their warranty extended to ten years by the previous owner:
- The warranty is transferred to the new owner.
- Warranty claims cannot be made without proof of the original purchase, confirmation of registration and an invoice proving that the used bike was serviced by a bike mechanic after being purchased by the current owner. woom does not cover the costs of servicing.
- The person purchasing the used bike may wish to have the extended warranty transfer saved on the system by sending the service invoice together with the bike frame number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. USED BIKES that were bought new from 1 June 2022 onwards but were NOT registered by the:
- Bikes that were bought new on or after 1 June 2022 need to be registered by the original buyer within nine weeks.
- If a new bike isn't registered within the first nine weeks of being purchased, it is no longer possible to register it. This applies even if the bike is later sold on.
- The two-year warranty (starting on the date of the original purchase) still applies to all the bike components.
What is covered by the warranty?
|| Length of warranty
| Material defects and production faults with the frame, rigid fork, handlebars, stem and cranks
||ten years from the purchase date*|
| All other bike components except suspension forks and components susceptible to wear and tear (see below)
||2 years from the purchase date|
| Battery for e-mountain bike (woom UP)
||2 years from the purchase date|
|KIDS' Helmet||2 years from the purchase date||
What is not covered by the warranty?
- Damage caused by falls or accidents
- Suspension forks and suspension elements
- Components susceptible to wear and tear like LEDs, dynamos, chains, tyres, rims, brake pads, grips, hubs, steering and gear bearings
- Damage to the paintwork
- Damage caused by improper use, e.g. freestyling, stunts and any other excessive loading
- Damage caused by a lack of proper maintenance
- Improper repairs performed by third parties who are not authorised woom dealers
- Bikes that have had their frame numbers changed, removed or made illegible
- Changes made to the original bike structure and the addition of parts that are not approved for use with the bike
The warranty applies only to private end consumers. The warranty does not apply to end consumers using the products for their work, e.g. at a nursery or playgroup. The warranty applies internationally and can be transferred (once proof of a bike service has been provided) since it is tied to the product and not a person.
Legal warranty rights remain unaffected.
What conditions have to be met in order to submit a warranty claim?
The bike needs to have been registered within nine weeks of the original purchase date and proof of purchase must always be provided when claims are made under the warranty.
Provided that the bike has been registered properly, claims under the warranty must always be made via an authorised woom dealer (ideally the dealer that originally sold the bike) or by sending an email to woom directly at email@example.com if the bike was purchased from the woom online shop. The email should include the frame number and the following attachments: proof of purchase, proof of service (only required for used bikes) and photos or videos clearly showing the defect.
If a claim is made under the warranty, woom will have the option of repairing or replacing any faulty parts at its own discretion. If a part cannot be replaced because the type, size or colour is no longer available, woom can provide a part regarded as a next-generation part to satisfy the claim made under the warranty. If a part or product is no longer being made at all or if no suitable spare part is available, woom reserves the right to exclude the warranty claim woom is under no obligation to provide original spare parts. No further claims can be made except for items expressly covered by this warranty. The warranty does not cover compensation for direct or indirect consequential damage. The buyer must cover any costs incurred for labour and/or postage and packaging costs.
The warranty is not extended or renewed when a claim is made under the warranty.