Scope of the guarantee
All woom bike frames and components and the KIDS' Helmet are guaranteed for 24 months from the day of purchase in the event of material defects and production faults. This guarantee does not cover signs of normal wear and tear or damage caused by improper use and applies only to private end consumers. The guarantee does not apply to end consumers using the products for their work, e.g. at a nursery or playgroup.
The guarantee applies internationally and can be transferred since it is tied to the product and not a person.
The guarantee will not affect statutory warranty rights.
Statutory warranty regulations apply to our other accessories and our apparel range.
Claims under the guarantee will be excluded in the following cases:
- Damage caused by falls or accidents
- Normal wear and tear to components, e.g. LEDs, dynamos, chains, tyres, rims, brake pads, grips, hubs, steering and gear bearings, chainstay fittings and bumper connectors
- Damage to the paintwork
- Damage caused by improper use, e.g. freestyling, stunts and any other overuse
- Poor maintenance
- Improper repairs performed by third parties who are not authorised woom dealers
- Bikes that have had their frame numbers changed, removed or made illegible
- Changes made to the original bike structure and the addition of parts that are not approved for use with the bike
Claims under the guarantee must always be made via an authorised woom dealer (ideally the dealer that sold the bike or helmet to the Customer) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if the bike was purchased from the woom online shop. The damage should be documented through photos/videos and so on. If a claim is made under the guarantee, woom will have the option of repairing or replacing any faulty parts as deemed appropriate. If a part cannot be replaced because the relevant type, size or colour is no longer available, woom can provide a part regarded as a next-generation part to satisfy the claim made under the guarantee. There is no obligation to provide original spare parts. No further claims can be made. The guarantee does not cover compensation for direct or indirect consequential damage. The buyer must cover any costs incurred for work required and/or postage and packaging costs.
The guarantee is not extended or renewed when a claim is made under the guarantee.